Currently led by Professor Pat Sterry, the Art & Design Research Centre is a distinct and dynamic inter-disciplinary research community in the School of Art and Design. The Centre comprises 25 researchers structured and organised within four research groups:Centre members engage in high quality, innovative, creative practice and theoretical investigation, regionally, nationally and internationally in these fields, reflecting both the range of curricula offered within the School and with the professional and creative activities and interests of individual members of staff.
Art & Design Events
- The Story of Things - 29 January 2010
- "Designing Against Vehicle-borne Terrorist Threats". 26 October, 9.30 – 11.30am, Lecture Theatre MS271, Mary Seacole Building
- Contemporary Arts Practice seminar - 10 December 2008, 4:30pm, Allerton Studios Lecture Theatre, Room G19
- Heritage - What? A Design & Heritage Seminar - 3 December 2008 4:30, room HT109 Centenary Building.
Details of the above events can be downloaded here.
- PhD Forum - 17 November 2008
- Research for Art - research as a creative process of discovery through engagement with people and place - 12 June 2008
- Creative Technology Research Group Symposium - 16 May 2008
- ATM08 Symposium - Protest: Reflections & Revolutions - 5 April 2008